.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

 

Coin of the spirit

Kinky Friedman likes to talk about being poor in the coin of the realm, but rich in the 'coin of the spirit.' My Babi Julia, OBM, had a similar aphorism about her childhood: "We didn't have any money, but we sure had fun."

Today I was thinking about aphorisms, sayings, one-liners, observations, (coinages, if you will) and some of the ones I've come up with over the years. Here's a sampling thereof.

My take on Jewish cultural and religious conflict: There's no right and left; there's me and wrong.

The question plaguing daters of every stripe: Do you stop because there's no reason to keep going, or keep going because there's no reason to stop?

A book I'm going to write one of these years about tznius and relationships: The Parameters of Propriety.

I'll add more when I think of them. But in the meantime, to quote good ol' Kinky, "May the God of your choice bless you."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?